PHP 4.3.2 Release Announcement
After a lengthy QA process, PHP 4.3.2 is finally out!
This maintenance release solves a lot of bugs found in earlier PHP versions and is a strongly recommended upgrade for all users of PHP.
PHP 4.3.2 contains, among others, following important fixes, additions and improvements:
- Fixes several potentially hazardous integer and buffer overflows.
- Fixes for several 64-bit problems.
- New Apache 2.0 SAPI module (sapi/apache2handler, enabled with --with-apxs2).
- New session_regenerate_id() function. (Important feature against malicious session planting).
- Improvements to dba extension.
- Improvements to thttpd SAPI module.
- Dropped support for GDLIB version 1.x.x (php_gd.dll) on Windows.
- An unix man page for CLI version of PHP.
- New "disable_classes" php.ini option to allow administrators to disable certain classes for security reasons.
- ..and a HUGE amount of other bug fixes!
For a full list of changes in PHP 4.3.2, see the ChangeLog.