PHP 5.3.4 Release Announcement
The PHP development team is proud to announce the immediate release of PHP 5.3.4. This is a maintenance release in the 5.3 series, which includes a large number of bug fixes.
Security Enhancements and Fixes in PHP 5.3.4:
- Fixed crash in zip extract method (possible CWE-170).
- Paths with NULL in them (foo\0bar.txt) are now considered as invalid (CVE-2006-7243).
- Fixed a possible double free in imap extension (Identified by Mateusz Kocielski). (CVE-2010-4150).
- Fixed NULL pointer dereference in ZipArchive::getArchiveComment. (CVE-2010-3709).
- Fixed possible flaw in open_basedir (CVE-2010-3436).
- Fixed MOPS-2010-24, fix string validation. (CVE-2010-2950).
- Fixed symbolic resolution support when the target is a DFS share.
- Fixed bug #52929 (Segfault in filter_var with FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL with large amount of data) (CVE-2010-3710).
Key Bug Fixes in PHP 5.3.4 include:
- Added stat support for zip stream.
- Added follow_location (enabled by default) option for the http stream support.
- Added a 3rd parameter to get_html_translation_table. It now takes a charset hint, like htmlentities et al.
- Implemented FR #52348, added new constant ZEND_MULTIBYTE to detect zend multibyte at runtime.
- Multiple improvements to the FPM SAPI.
- Over 100 other bug fixes.
For users upgrading from PHP 5.2 there is a migration guide available here, detailing the changes between those releases and PHP 5.3.
For a full list of changes in PHP 5.3.4, see the ChangeLog.