The PHP development team announces the immediate availability of PHP 5.6.0beta1. This release adds new features and fixes bugs and marks the feature freeze for the PHP 5.6.0 release. All users of PHP are encouraged to test this version carefully, and report any bugs in the bug tracking system.THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT PREVIEW - DO NOT USE IT IN PRODUCTION!
PHP 5.6.0beta1 comes with a number of new features, including:
- A new method called fread() to the SplFileObject class
- A new static method called createFromMutable() to the DateTimeImmutable class
- A new function called hash_equals()
- Support for marks to the PCRE extension
- Support for asynchronous connections and queries to the Pgsql extension
Our second beta should show up on the 24th of April.
Thank you for helping us make PHP better.